dinsdag 21 juli 2009

Washington D.C. - Arlington


Because of the previous official meeting, we were asked to dress up. So, I wore my high-heeled sandals. Unfortunately, the walk in the morning was longer than expected and the first signs of blisters appeared. Nothing, however, could stop me from going to Arlington Cemetery. Paola, Snjezana and I took the underground there. We walked to the Kennedy Memorial, which is an ever-burning flame, continued to Arlington House on the hill and watched the changing of the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, at that moment it started to rain, as if the sky was weeping for the soul that was being honoured.

We left the cemetery at closing time and walked across the bridge to Georgetown, along the river, past the Watergate building.

We had dinner on sushi at a small Japanese restaurant and walked all the way back to the hotel.

I don't know how many miles I walked today, but the blisters on my feet are proof enough to realise it was a little too much...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten