vrijdag 10 juli 2009

Our last night in Charles Drew or ITD House

Friday - again - the third one here. Quite incredible, really.

As usual, we debriefed the past week and told Julie and Bruce what we appreciated most and what could - perhaps - be improved.

We received some more dollars to spend during the Conquest of the West. Cheerful faces all around!

Beatrice, Paola and I went to Jones Library. On the top floor there is a special collection on Emily Dickinson. We watched an excellent video of a play portraying the poet's life. Emily came to life. She surprised us is many ways: we discovered a stubborn, funny, passionate, caring, gifted woman.

The sun was out today. It felt like summer for the first time. Paola and I bought a fruit pie and a coffee and had a picnic on a bench in the park. It was absolutely lovely.

Then I went shopping - again. This time for pure necessities, such as deep forest bug spray and tooth paste. When I arrived at the dorm, it was high time to finish my project.

I had a flash of inspiration and wrote two lessons: one for elementary and one for advanced students. Barbara Madeloni was pleased about the result and I can leave on our trip with a quiet conscience.

At three in the afternoon, I had to start packing. Most of us did. I absolutely hate it and usually wait till the very last moment. My room turned into a mess in no time. I couldn't decide what to take and what to leave behind. I think I bought too may books, I believe I brought too many clothes, or not the right ones. One consolation, all the women in the group struggled with the same dilemna.

Fortunately, we had something to look forward too: dinner at Judie's. I've told you about her before and if you haven't been there, you really should go. All the tables were taken, so we first had a drink at the bar and then we had a delicious meal and spent a very enjoyable evening.

Back at the dorm, I went straight to the computer room to finish this bit on the blog. Tomorrow we rise early... I'd better finish packing.

Hope to be with you the following days. It will depend on the computer facilities during our trip.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten