dinsdag 28 juli 2009

Our last Tuesday in Amherst

I didn't sleep at all last night. The air was hot and the room wasstuffy. I tossed and turned and woke up every so often.

After a cold shower, I went for breakfast and then for a "test run" of the computer equipment in the classroom where we'll hold our presentations.

By 10:30 it was boiling hot again and very humid. The only cool place in the building is the computer room with an airco. That's where I spent most of the day, as did most of the others.

In the evening, we went to an Indian restaurant, where the food was good, but the service not really. Back at the dorm, I stayed up and chatted first with Victor and then with Olima and José Luis. I like these late night discussions. It's cosy in the kitchen, the house is quiet and it's a great - and maybe our last - opportunity of getting to know a little more about each other & our countries.

When I entered my room, I wished I could thank Noemi who had given me the good advice to close the windows and blinds during the day and only to open them at night, with the fan in front. It really makes a huge difference and I hope I'll catch some sleep.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten