zaterdag 20 juni 2009

A PERFECT FLIGHT

We took the train in Rhode and arrived safely at the airport (so far, so good!).
The flight to New York was right on time, comfortable and fast (a little over 7hrs). I spoke to my neighbour who was from New York city but lived in Rotterdam and creates dance festivals. I watched two (!) movies: Benjamin Button & Revolutionary Road.
In New York JFK we needed some time to check through security and customs, but all went fine and I had to wait about an hour to catch the plane to Hartford.
On arrival, we were met by Rachel and introduced to some other participants from Andorra, Italy, France, Côte d'Ivoire, Cambodia and Russia. We were taken by mini-van to Amherst - about an hour away.
Amherst looks beautiful. It's very green and airy. Our dorm is called Charles Drew and it's a completely renovated red brick building with the typical entrance with white pillars at the front door. There was a food fair on the green last night where we had something to eat before going to bed.
My room is clean and comfortable but it feels a bit like a monastery ... We have a huge dining area, a piano in the hall, ...
The weather is warm and humid. I'm not sure I brought the right kind of clothes ...
I'll keep you posted!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten